Here we go. Honestly, I'm kind of getting cold feet about not going out tonight, but for now I'm sticking to the plan.
The Details:
I'll start out 4-tabling 100 NL (for the uninitiated, that's a $100 buy-in, blinds are $.50-$1). I may try to add a few tables, but probably won't go above 6 at 100 NL. I might also mix in some 9-tabling at 50 NL. If the games seem extra soft and I'm running well, I might also play some 200 NL later in the night.
I'll be doing hourly liveblog updates.
Gameplan: The whole idea of playing tonight is that people will be drunk and crazy. I expect a lot of people will be looking to gamble, so I don't plan to try to run a lot of bluffs or make any big plays. Barring reads on specific players, I'm mostly looking to get paid off on my big hands.
Goals: Table-select aggressively. Especially tonight, sitting at a table with 6 regulars is really inexcusable. If there's not at least one obvious fish at the table, I'll be looking to switch it out.
Caffeine? Check. New monitor? Check. Snuggie? Check.
See you in an hour.
HOUR 1
Up 350, running REALLY hot, had a few huge suckouts. Will post hands in a minute.
Up about 500 at midnight. Opened KK from CU, got called by BB. Flop is JJ8...He check-raises, I 3bet, he flats. 100 in the pot, 75 behind. Turn is third Jack. He checks, I jam 75 and he calls with 88. Sick suckout, but his turn call seems pretty terrible. Does he think I'm bluffing there? I think he was just frustrated...I sucked out to win another big pot against him a few minutes earlier.
12:48
It's been a weird session. Even though I'm up a couple buy-ins, I haven't really been getting it in good (except for one time when a guy called off his whole stack with 39s against my aces when he paired a 9 on the flop). Mostly I've been really lucky, though. Gotta re-focus and play some better poker. Going downstairs to make some pasta, try to play some more after that.
1:42
Back to it. Hands: 1016 Net: +392 Dr. Peppers: 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment