It seems like for a lot of folks the phrase "professional poker player" conjures images of wild parties, exclusive night clubs, and stacks of cash to the ceiling. I spend a lot of time explaining that no, I haven't been to Vegas lately, I don't drive a Porsche, it's pretty much like I have a boring desk job.
As a result I've been brainstorming some cost-conscious ways to create the illusion of grotesque wealth and I've come up with something that I think is set to take off: making it rain. For the non-T-Pain fans out there, "making it rain" refers to throwing a wad of bills into the air so that they separate and flutter to the ground. Until now it's mostly been the province of wealthy rappers, but there's no reason they should get to have all the fun.
If you think about it, for a hundred dollars in ones, you can make it rain pretty precipitously. You'd spend that much for dinner for two and a bottle of wine. In a year you won't even remember the restaurant you went to, but making it rain will leave you with a memory that lasts a lifetime.
I'm not suggesting making it rain daily or even weekly. That would be silly. But every once in awhile, on a special occasion, it makes a lot of sense. So for your next birthday, anniversary, or Bar Mitzvah, why not make it rain?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment